Based on the luggage available on Amazon and ebags.com, the baggage claim will be full of black and blue bags. Not wanting to get crossed eyed looking for my bags, I decided to paint them!
For anyone else wanting to personalize their suitcase, here’s my process:
- Acrylic paintbrush
- Chalk or pastels
- Fabric paint
- Decide on a pattern and colors for your suitcase. I went with a triangular, southwest look for this suitcase. I used different circular patterns on my other one. If you’d like, draw it out of graph paper to get it fleshed out.
- Use a chalk or pastel pencil to sketch your design onto the suitcase. On most suitcases, it will easily wash off with a damp cloth.
- Paint on your design. I worked one side at a time, filling in one color fully. When all of the pink was finished, I began working in green.
- Wait at least 4 hours in between coats. If you want a solid color, it will take two coats.
- Enjoy your one of a kind luggage! You will never lose you bags on the conveyor belt again.